It's Mojo time and time to celebrate those grads in your life. Graduation is a time of transition and realization of accomplishment. A strong card will tell your grad how proud you are of this accomplishment. This week's Mojo Monday sketch is perfect for doing just that.
When I started putting this card together, I knew I wanted to use this sentiment from the Word Play set, a graduation cap and a rich blue. Normally, I would pair silver with blue, but the new Midnight Muse seems to do better with Brushed Gold, a paper that has a muted metallic feel. Perfect!
I also wanted to carry the movement of the arrow throughout the design. One solution, a sheet of herringbone paper from the new Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper (available June 1st). The interesting combination of geometric and floral designs in this paper pack is fantastic. One paper pack can be used for sweet and strong, male and female.
Finally, I finished off the pomp and circumstance with gold brads to bring out the muted gold and added a cute little "Bakers Twine" tassel.
Tips & Tricks: Use the recipient's school colors in your creation.
Nuts & Bolts:
Approximate 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (A2 Envelope)
* Card stock - Midnight Muse (available June 1st), Brushed Gold #102935,
* Designer Paper – Comfort Cafe #126898 (available June 1st)
* Ink & Coloring – Midnight Muse #126860 (available June 1st)
* Stamps – Word Play #120651
* Embellishments – Metallic Brads #119741
* Fibers & Ribbon – Baker's Twine #124262 (white)
* Punches – 1" Square #124094
* Big Shot #113439; BigZ Die #122153 (3" Circle)
* SNAIL Adhesive #104332
* Stampin' Dimensionals #104430
Keep moving toward those dreams and thank you for stopping by!