You’ve made it to Friday so let’s have some fun starting with Happy Bubble Gum Day!
Happy Bubble Gum Day!
Bubble Gum Day is the first Friday in February . Who created Bubble Gum Day? Ruth Spiro is a writer, a children’s book author, and a bubble gum fan. She created this day in 2006. Her objective was to create a day where schools can do a fundraiser, without selling things. Click Here for more information on this fun day.
Time to get your Valentine plans together. Cupid will be here before you know it. Eleven days to be exact.
Try these sweet and easy Strawberry Cream Valentine Melts to dress up the conversation.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 16 oz of powdered sugar (1/2 of a regular sized bag)
- 2 oz of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Plain white sugar
- Light corn syrup
- Conversation Hearts
- 2 squeezes of Strawberry Cream Milk Magic
- In a mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, the pink strawberry cream Milk Magic, with the powdered sugar. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl and mix until fully combined (and not sticky!)
- Pull off small, 1/2 inch pieces of the mixture and roll them into balls.
- Press the balls into a slightly flat shape (seen in the photo above) and then roll it into a bowl of sugar.
- Using a small brush, place a dab of corn syrup to the center of the flattened sugar covered ball.
- Press a conversation heart into the dough on top of the corn syrup. As the corn syrup dries, it will act like glue and keep the conversation heart in place!
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate in until ready to eat.
- Recipe makes about 30 Valentine melts.
Visit The Smart School House for more information on these Strawberry Cream Valentine Melts, or just click here
Today’s Fun Project is one of my own.. In one of my trips to CVS, looking for sweets I could feature I found these Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cream Marshmallow Peeps.
I’m not fond of Marshmallow Peeps but these little gems smell like real strawberries. I may have to make an exception.
Materials for this project:
- Strawberry Cream Marshmallow Peeps (click here to find a store)
- Heart-shaped Paper Doilies (these are from Hallmark)
- Stampin’Up! Clear Tine Treat Boxes (Item 141699) available from me
- Stampin’Up! Cupcakes & Carousels Embellishment Kit Ribbon (Item 142767) available from me