It's that time again. Time to play with Pals Paper Arts AND get ready for Father's Day.
Does your dad or an important man in your life have a mustache? Whether he does or not, you have to admit, this is a cute stamp. The top mustache reminds me of the Wizard in the Wizard of Oz, one of my very favorite movies and this week's sketch is perfect for showing off my Many Mustaches stamp. They also make me think of vintage circus posters. Fun, fun!
While I wanted to create a playful card for Dad I wanted to keep it masculine. I used a geometric piece of Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper at the top of the card to do just that. I mentioned in my last post how much I like this new paper pack for it's mix of geometric and floral designs. On the reverse side of the paper I used, you'll s see a beautiful floral pattern in the new In-Color, Midnight Muse and Very Vanilla. Watch for it in the new catalog. Do you have yours yet?
Dad also needs to feel like "One in a Million" To do this, I stamped another mustache on textured Cajun Craze card stock with VersaMark, and embossed it with clear Stampin' Emboss Powder before cutting it out and popping it up on the card. I think it worked!
Some finishing touches were added with Natural Hemp Twine, a button, a garland and a pierced corner for balance. Don't be afraid to use color for a "guy" card. Keep it masculine with strong, vibrant colors and embellishments.
Tips & Tricks: Clear embossing on textured card stock looks like the image has been distressed.
Nuts & Bolts:
Approximate 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" (A2 Envelope)
* Card stock - Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit (both available June 1st),
Cajun Craze, Pool Party & Very Vanilla;
Cajun Craze Textured Card Stock (Retiring May 31st)
* Designer Paper – Comfort Cafe #126898 (available June 1st)
* Ink & Coloring – Midnight Muse (available June 1st) and VersaMark;
Stampin' Write Marker (Cajun Craze)
* Stamps – Many Mustaches #122917 (Retiring May 31st),
Best Dad Ever #120681, Loved Ones #125467
* Embellishments – Regals Buttons #119744
* Fibers & Ribbon – Hemp Twine #100982 (Retiring May 31st) ,
Linen Thread #104199
* Punches – Small Heart #117193, Jewelry Tag #117190
* Big Shot #113439; Bigz XL Die #120893 (Tasteful Trim)
* Paper Piercing – Mat Pack #105826, Paper-Piercing Tool #116631
(Both being reconfigured & replaced on June 1st. See New Catalog, page 181 for more info)
* Glue Dots #103683
* SNAIL Adhesive #104332
* Stampin' Dimensionals #104430
I'm off to join the circus or see the wizard. Either way, it will be fun!
Thank you for stopping by!