Welcome to Simple Joys for PPA319 a color challenge from Pals Paper Arts.
Colors this week were chosen by Peggy Noe a fellow PPA Designer and Pal. You can always count on beautiful colors and designs, full of texture from Peggy.
When I first saw this pallet I thought pine boughs and holly berries with a tropical twist. Perfect for playing with some of the new “piney” products in the 2016 Holiday Catalog from Stampin’Up! My choice for this easy card, Pine Bough Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF) and a sentiment from The Christmas Pines photopolymer stamp set. A stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set added another dimension.
Smudge and Grunge the background before embossing. Using a Stamping Sponge wedge, apply Mint Macaron Classic Ink to create a base. Fill in with the darker Emerald Envy. Gorgeous Grunge speckles are stamped with Mint Macaron. While you have your sponge dirty, ink up the edges with Emerald Envy.
Emboss with Pine Bough TIEF and watch the magic happen. Smudge the raised areas again with Emerald Envy. Now for the punch. Use a Fine-Tip Glue Pen to “draw” glue lies over the raised pine boughs. Let dry completely. Instant pop!
Detail by adding a few white sequins to resemble falling snow. Add three wraps of Linen Thread and a sentiment and you’ve just experienced the simple joys of creating your own masterpiece.
Rules for the Gallery:
- Use any brand of product to create your card or papercraft project.
- Your entry should be new and inspired (totally or partially) by this challenge.
- Please link to the blog post where your project is posted. Incorrect links are not eligible for Pals Picks, and may be deleted.
- Please use keyword PPA319 when uploading to public galleries. We want to leave you comments, but if you are linking your project to a closed group or a site that requires us to register, we may not be able the respond on your submission. Please be sure to post on an open forum so we can leave comments on your wonderful cards. Thank you!!
- Inlinkz will close at Noon (EST) Tuesday, September 27th.
- We’ll announce our Pals Paper Artist Picks on Wednesday, September 28th.
Have a Wildly Creative Day!
Simple Joys for PPA319 Product Roundup: