Wedding Wishes for K&M
It’s Friday, yay! Not only that, it’s the day before a long weekend for some of us. No sense getting all worked up so why not start by CASEing (Copy And Share Everything) a project from Pinterest? This one comes from a pin by Dani Jo Sheckles. Thank you Dani for a beautiful card to CASE. Mine became wedding wishes for K&M.
Why CASE? A few reasons.
- Jump start creativity
- Cure for the dry spells
- And more.
Embossing Folders: Dani’s card showcases Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF). This card is embossed with the retired Falling Petals TIEF. The falling petals look like little hearts, perfect for a wedding.
Color: White on white is always beautiful for a wedding. Sometimes a little bit of color works just as well. In this case Daffodil Delight Cardstock and Enamel Shapes are used to coordinate with the bride’s sunflower bouquet.
Sparkle: The flourishes from Flourishes Thinlits Dies are cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper instead of Whisper White Cardstock to add excitement. Silver Metallic Enamel Dots were also added where some of the pearls were on the original card.
Words and Phrases were changed to reflect the event. Instead of using the coordinating stamp set, Flourishing Phrases, I opted for the Rose Wonder Stamp Set. The phrases are perfect for this special occasion.
- Soften the look by using Smoky Slate or Sahara Sand Classic Ink for the sentiments.
- Use Thick Whisper White Cardstock for the card base to support multiple layers.
The Original Card: One of the highest form of flattery is to CASE a project. However, there is a right and wrong way to do it. Here are a few tips.
- ALWAYS give credit to the original artist if you have that information. If not, at least mention where you found it.
- Don’t promote an exact copy as your own.
- When possible, get permission before using the original, without any changes, in a class or promotion.
Thank you for spending a little time here today. It’s always great to “see” you.. Don’t be a stranger!