It’s time to see what’s happening around the world, in the workshops of paper-crafters, that is. That means it’s Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Hop Highlights time. This month we feature cards on a topic that we don’t always want to think of, Sympathy. But, when you need heartfelt thoughts, you need them now.
Think Soft and Muted when thinking of sympathy cards, It’s such a difficult time of life that the last thing I want to present is a loud greeting. Softness equals heartfelt in my book, like a warm hug. Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set paired with Flourish Thinlits handles this perfectly.
Texture. Even though warmth and softness is called for in these situations your special card doesn’t need to be boring. This is the perfect time to add a little texture. Try the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF), some Basic Pearls and a little distressing around the edges with your Paper Snips.
Here’s what I did.
- Die-cut the large flourish
- Emboss the negative piece with Softly Falling TIEF
- Adhere to background piece (Sahara Sand Cardstock used here)
- Adhere the positive piece cut in step 2 to the cut-out.
- Rough up the edges with Paper Snips
- Finish as desired
Finally, don’t forget to carry the warmth through to the inside. A few more die-cuts and a double Linen Thread bow closes nicely.
Like this project? If so, I’d really appreciate your vote on Kylie Bertucci’s International Blog Highlights. It’s super easy. All you have to do is…
- Click the link below. You’ll be taken to a gallery where you can vote.
- Look for ENTRY #30, that’s me.
- Click on the little heart in the upper right corner of the picture of this card
- Click OK when the pop-up comes up to confirm your vote.
Thank you so much. If I’m in the Top Ten when voting is over, I’ll participate in a special event with nine talented paper crafters. Wish me luck!
Have a Wildly Creative Day!
Heartfelt Thoughts Product Roundup: